Update Seniors Benefits
Good day everyone,
This has been a difficult time for everyone, and I am looking forward to things getting back to normal. This week saw hundreds of people being able to be out and about in crowds, which leads me to believe that in the next few days things will be returning to normal.
Most important to please remember we now have a website and it continues to grow. All our updates are available there as well as links to groups. If you require information, we have a contact and comment section. Check us out!!!!!!
As well I will be closing the Facebook page, as we have very few members, and now that we have a website, our information will be best displayed there.
The government has announced the beginning of stage two for most of the province. This includes our province for sure.
The following are the list of openings on Friday:
· Outdoor dine-in services at restaurants, bars and other establishments, including patios, curbside, parking lots and adjacent properties;
· Select personal and personal care services with the proper health and safety measures in place, including tattoo parlours, barber shops, hair salons and beauty salons;
· Shopping malls under existing restrictions, including food services reopening for take-out and outdoor dining only
· Tour and guide services, such as bike and walking, bus and boat tours, as well as tasting and tours for wineries, breweries and distilleries;
· Water recreational facilities such as outdoor splash pads and wading pools, and all swimming pools;
· Beach access and additional camping at Ontario Parks;
· Camping at private campgrounds;
· Outdoor-only recreational facilities and training for outdoor team sports, with limits to enable physical distancing;
· Drive-in and drive-through venues for theatres, concerts, animal attractions and cultural appreciation, such as art installations;
· Film and television production activities, with limits to enable physical distancing
· Weddings and funerals, with limits on social gatherings to 10 people.
· The Federal Government has announced that the Seniors benefit payments will begin the week of July 6, 2020. Seniors eligible for the OAS pension will receive a payment of $300, and those also eligible for the GIS will receive an additional $200, for a total of $500. Allowance recipients will also receive $500. This $2.5 billion in financial support will help Canadian seniors cover increased costs caused by COVID-19, and give them greater financial security in this time of crisis.
We will be making some decisions about small group activities in the coming days, possible for groups of 10 for hikes, bird watching and biking and sit and chats at various parks. Would be nice to meet at the locks and have a hike and a picnic with groups of 10. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to share them.
A reminder that the stores in our town have the same rules in place, and people should be practising social distancing when possible.
I for one am ready to meet a few people and get back to normal……………or as normal as possible, I miss you all!
A reminder if you need a mask or are willing to sew a mask for our group please reach out to me.